ON1 Resize AI Face Recovery
ON1 Resize’s Face Recovery feature is designed for those times when you have a
photo with a group of people, and some of the smaller faces in the photo have less detail in them. Previously, if you used any resampling technology to upscale such a photo, those less-defined faces could appear even softer than the original photo.
With ON1’s face recovery technology, you can resize these types of photos and have those faces appear with more realistic features and textures.
To use Face Recovery, click the button to the left of the pane’s label to turn the pane on, and then click the Select Faces button at the bottom of the pane. Resize will analyze the photo and display a box around each found face in the photo.
If the face is standard-sized, the box will be white, and that face will not have the face recovery applied to it. All smaller-sized faces in the photo will have a green box around them, and those faces will have recovery applied, at the level determined by the Strength slider.
Here are a few tips for working with Face Recovery:
• You can turn each face on (green) or off (white) by clicking inside that face’s box.
• When judging the recovery results, you should look at each face at 100% view.
Adjust the Strength slider as desired.
• The Strength setting is applied globally to all of the selected faces; you cannot apply different settings to each face.
• Sometimes, you might find that Face Recovery helps with larger faces in a photo (for example, when dealing with faces that are slightly out of focus). Toggle that face’s box on and off at 100% to see if it improves the results.
• When you’re done with the recovery pane, click the Done button to dismiss the boxes. If you’d like to work with the pane again, click the Select Faces button again. Resize will remember all of the faces selected, as well as their on/off state.