How to Verify the Authenticity of Emails from ON1
Ensuring the authenticity of emails is crucial in today's digital age, as phishing attacks and email scams have become increasingly sophisticated. To help you verify the legitimacy of emails sent by us, ON1, we have provided a guide to help you distinguish genuine emails from potentially fraudulent ones.
Email Addresses Used by ON1: We primarily communicate with our customers using the following email addresses:
@on1.com: This is our official domain for general communication. Most emails from us will originate from this domain.
- @on1help.zendesk.com: We use this domain for support-related requests.
email@example.com: We use this address specifically for sending order receipts and subscription-related emails. See: Who is FastSpring?
- firstname.lastname@example.org: We use this address specifically for sending review requests through the Trustpilot platform.
Verifying the Authenticity of Emails: Here are some steps you can take to verify the authenticity of emails sent by us:
Check the Sender's Email Address:
- Verify that the sender's email address matches one of the authorized domains mentioned above.
- Be cautious of any email claiming to be from us but using a different domain.
Look for Consistent Branding:
- Our legitimate emails will contain consistent branding elements, including our company logo, color schemes, and fonts.
- If the email lacks these visual cues or appears significantly different from our typical communications, exercise caution.
Check for Personalization:
- Legitimate emails from us may include your name or relevant account information.
- Be wary of generic, non-personalized messages that ask for sensitive information.
Avoid Clicking Suspicious Links:
- Hover your mouse pointer over any links in the email to preview the destination URL.
- Do not click on links that look suspicious or do not lead to our website.
Be Cautious with Attachments:
- Be wary of unexpected attachments, especially if you did not anticipate receiving any files from us.
- If in doubt, contact our support team separately to verify the legitimacy of the attachment.
Check for Spelling and Grammar:
- Pay attention to the language used in the email. Legitimate emails are generally well-written with proper spelling and grammar.
Contact Customer Support:
- When in doubt, contact our customer support team through the official channels listed on our website to verify the authenticity of the email (https://www.on1.com/contact-on1/)
Use Email Verification Tools:
- Various online tools and email verification services can help verify the authenticity of an email by analyzing its headers and sender information.
Protecting yourself from email scams and phishing attempts is essential in today's digital landscape. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can help ensure that emails from ON1 are genuine. If you ever have doubts about the authenticity of an email, do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team for clarification and assistance.