Presets- How to Install ON1 Presets and Where to Find Them
After downloading the preset pack, you should find the .onpreset file in your Downloads folder.
1. Mac Users: RIGHT CLICK ON THE .ONPreset file > OPEN WITH > ON1 Photo RAW.
(Note: You can also drag and drop the .ONPreset file onto the ON1 Photo RAW icon to install the presets)
Windows Users: Right click on the .zip file and choose Open With > Windows Explorer. This will unzip the file properly.
2. In the containing folder there will be a ".ONPreset" file. RIGHT CLICK ON THE .ONPreset file > OPEN WITH > ON1 Photo RAW.
* Note for Windows users running into install issues with the downloaded zipped presets.
Unzipping the .zip file with a third party unzipping app (like WinZip or 7Zip) cam corrupt the .ONpreset pack. We recommend unzipping the .zip file downloaded from our website by right clicking on the .zip file and choosing "Extract All" and right-clicking on the .onpreset file itself and choosing Open With>ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 or by dropping the .ONpreset pack on the Photo Raw 20xx desktop shortcut to install it.
3. The ON1 stand alone application will launch automatically. A window will appear: "This will install the 'Preset Name' preset package. Do you want to continue?" Click Yes.
4. Another window will appear: The preset package "Preset Name" has installed "X" new files. There were no errors. Click Close.
5. The Presets will appear inside of the respective module they are designed for, under the Preset menu located in the top left corner and available under the associated category name of the Preset pack.
How to access Textures, Backgrounds, Border in Layers:
1. Textures will appear under the Extras tab in the upper left corner under My Extras or ON1 Extras> Textures
Click the + Button in the Layers pane to add a texture or background
How to access Textures or Borders in Effects:
1. Click the Add Filter button and then select the "Textures" Filter:
2. In the "Category" drop down you will find your user textures at the bottom of the list:
3. In the "Texture" drop down you will find all the textures in the selected category
How to access Borders and Frames you have installed from the Layers module:
1. Open an image in the Layers module and click on "Extras" in the top left corner of the program and open "My Extras" folder.
2. Double click the "Borders" folder to open it. The Borders you have installed will appear within this folder.
3. To add a border, simply double click on the border you want to add and then click on the "Add as a Layer" button to add this border as a new layer to your existing document:
How to access Borders/Frames you have installed within the Effects module:
1. This process is the same as accessing texture files you have installed, except you will need to add the "Borders" Filter on the right side of the program instead of "Textures". Click the "Add Filter" button on the right side of the program. After clicking "Add Filter", click on "Borders" as shown below:
3. In the Filter Options Pane for the Borders filter, you will find "My Borders" under the Category dropdown menu. The "My Borders" (Borders you have installed) will appear at the bottom of the list when expanding the Category drop down menu. In this screenshot, "Brush Frames" are a frame pack that has been installed:
4. After selecting the category, you will be be able to browse and apply any border within this category from the Border drop down menu:
After selecting the category, you will be be able to browse and apply any border within this category from the Border drop down menu shown above.