Using ON1 Photo RAW 2020 & 2019 with Apple® Photos
ON1 Photo RAW integrates tightly with Apple Photos (for Mac OS only) and provides a seamless experience for enhancing your images.
If you have Photos on your computer when you install ON1 Photo RAW 2020/ 2019, the appropriate plug-in will be installed, but you will need to manually activate it in order to use it. To do so, go to Apple’s System Preferences and click on the Extensions icon. In the Extensions pane, click on Photos, then check the ON1 Photo RAW 2020/2019 option. This will let you send images from Apple Photos to Photo RAW 2019. (File Sharing must also be turned on in System Preferences for this to work.)
Catalina Sytem Preferences:
Mojave System Preferences:
Go to Apple’s System Preferences and click on the Extensions icon
Ensure the box is checked under your version of ON1 Photo RAW
To enable File Sharing, access the Sharing folder icon from Apple's System Preferences, and make sure File Sharing is turned ON.
Ensure that the box next to File Sharing is checked
To edit an image in ON1 Photo RAW 2020/2019 follow these steps:
1. Select the image you wish to edit in Photos.
2. Click on the Edit button:
3. On the right side of the window, you’ll see an Extensions button. Click that button, and choose ON1 Photo RAW 2020/ 2019. (You can switch between all of the Edit tabs once your image is in Photo RAW.)
4. Your image will then open in ON1 Photo RAW 2020/2019:
After your changes have been made, press the "Done" button on the bottom right.
5. Your image will then open back up in Apple Photos.
Press "Save Changes" to save:
Remember, if you have Apple Photos on your computer when you install ON1 Photo RAW 2020 or 2019, the appropriate plug-ins should be installed automatically. If you are not seeing ON1 Photo RAW 2020 or 2019 as an option in your Extensions after installing, please contact our Technical Support team.