If you already have your own watermark, you will be able to add your watermark from the Export pane. The Export pane is always available, from any module, as long as you have a photo selected (you can also batch export files selected as a group in Browse).
The Watermark module allows you to add an overlay to the image, most often used for your logo, signature or copyright. Select the Watermark module by clicking the circle to the left of the word Watermark:
Now, you will be able to select your watermark file. Watermarks generally need a transparent background, so make sure your watermark file is a PNG or PSD.
The module has the following options:
• Choose: Click the Choose button to select the file you wish to use as your watermark.
• Size: This slider controls the size of the watermark file.
• Inset: This will determine the percentage in which the file is inset from the edge, based on the position
• Opacity: This sets the opacity of the watermark.
• Position: This grid sets the location of the watermark. Click on the square of the location you desire.
Move your watermark to the position that you desire.
Once you have added a watermark, your watermark file will be remembered inside of ON1 Photo RAW.
When working with watermarks, make sure your watermark file is sufficiently large for your usage. For example, if you want it to appear 2 inches wide on a 300-PPI image, your watermark needs to be at least 600 pixels wide. Or if you want it to appear across an entire photo—such as when posting to social media—it needs to be the same size as what you are exporting for the web, typically over 1000 pixels. Using a watermark file that is too small will create a pixelated watermark appearance.
Don't Have a Watermark?
If you don't have a watermark, you can use the text tool inside of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 to add your own custom text and information.
The Text Tool
The Text tool lets you add multiple blocks of text to your photo or composite, for everything from simple watermarks to more complicated text-based layouts. Within each block, you have complete control over the font, type size, color and alignment, and can set the opacity of each text block.
- To add a text block, click the Text tool, and then the Add button in the Tool Options bar. A new text block will be added, with placeholder text selected. You can start typing, or first choose the font, sizing and other options you wish to use in that block.
- To edit an existing text block, choose the Text tool, and double-click in the block you wish to edit, then make your changes.
- If you would like to remove an existing block, click on the block with the Text tool and choose Delete from the Options bar.
Photo RAW will remember the last settings you used, which can be helpful if you like to use a specific font and size—in text for a watermark, for example.
Choose your font and style your text to create your own watermark.