Warning: If you have on1 sidecars disabled and your photos are stored on your boot volume you will lose your non-destructive edits when you upgrade to Catalina. We are working on a fix for this issue and the others listed below.
Here are the current known issues with macOS 10.5 Catalina & ON1 Photo RAW that will be fixed in a future patch release and the shipping release of ON1 Photo RAW 2020:
- Lost edits when upgrading when sidecars are turned off and photos are stored on the boot drive (we recommend you leave on1 sidecars turned on).
- Any cataloged folders on your boot volume will not work correctly. The solution is to remove and re-add them. Catalog folders on other drives will be fine.
- Send to Photoshop or Lightroom does not appear in Browse (work a round below).
- Photoshop Plugins do not launch (Hang, spinning beach ball).
- Extra Drives like "Home" and "Recover" listed inside Local Drives.
There is a work around for Send to:
1. Right click on a file in ON1 Photo RAW 2019
2. Choose "Send to Other Application"
3. Navigate to the Photoshop or Lightroom executable application.
Mac: Navigate to Macintosh HD\Users\<username>\Applications and choose the Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom.
Note: Once you have selected the application it will then appear inside ON1 Browse. To get both Photoshop and Lightroom, repeat steps 1-3 and choose the other application.
Photoshop plugins hang:
Before launching plugins from within Photoshop, open up the standalone application of ON1 PHOTO RAW 2019 in the background. (ON1 PHOTO RAW 2019 is found in your Applications folder/ ON1 PHOTO RAW 2019)
Then attempt to launch plugins from within Photoshop as you normally would.