ON1 Photo RAW 2021.6
Version 2021.6 (188.8.131.5219) — Oct 18, 2021
The new ON1 Photo RAW 2021 for desktop is the hassle-free, professional photo organizer, raw processor, layered editor, and effects app. It’s perfect for those seeking an ultra-convenient all-in-one photo editing solution to produce high-quality results at a tremendous value.
Note: This is the final maintenance release for ON1 Photo RAW 2021.
It is recommended that all users upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW 2022.
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021
Version 2021.6 (184.108.40.20619) — Oct 18, 2021
- Apple Silicon Native — ON1 Photo RAW now runs natively on Apple Silicon-based macOS computers. This allows you to take full advantage of the amazing speed of these next-generation Macs.
- New Camera Support — Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II, FujiFilm X-E4, Pentax K-3 Mark III, Canon EOS M50 Mk II, Sony a7r IVa, Nikon Z fc, Sony ZV-E10, Sony A7R IIIa, Sony ZV-E10, Panasonic GX880. Improved support for 12-bit NEF files.
- Bug Fixes
Previous Version Update Notes:
Version 2021.5.1 (220.127.116.1182) — July 19th, 2021
Version 2021.5.1 (18.104.22.16847) — July 6th, 2021
Improved support for reading DNG files.
Improved interoperability with ON1 NoNoise AI.
Version 2021 (22.214.171.12496) — May 4th, 2021
- Fixed several bugs reported by users.
ON1 RAW 2021 Photo RAW Update (126.96.36.19962) April 26, 2021
What’s New in 2021.5:
- Re-editable Smart Photos for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now, you can re-edit your adjustments made in ON1 Photo RAW, maintaining your non-destructive workflow with Adobe Lightroom Classic. From Lightroom, you can send photos to ON1 Photo RAW, where you can retouch, crop, create layers, and add effects. The results round trip back to Lightroom as a normal Photoshop PSD where you can view and export them. If you want to adjust your settings made in ON1 Photo RAW, simply send it back to Photo RAW, and all your settings are still there. You can re-crop, change the retouching, adjust the layers, or add or change filters.
- Batch Processing for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now, you can batch-process photos from Lightroom Classic with ON1 Photo RAW. You control the file types created and the settings to apply. It could be a preset or your own manual adjustments. You can adjust the first photo, and have the same settings applied to all the other photos, or pause on each photo to tweak the settings to your needs. For portrait photos, let the AI-based auto mode take over. It finds every face, analyses it, and adds the perfect amount of skin smoothing, and eye and mouth enhancements.
- Customize Keyboard Shortcuts — The new Shortcuts dialog allows you to view and change what keyboard shortcut, or hotkey, is used for most functions. You can change the key used to access any tool, tool option, module, or menu item. You can even assign shortcuts to menu items that don’t have a shortcut yet. It’s perfect if you live in a locale that doesn’t use the QWERTY keyboard layout.
- Keyboard Control of Tone & Color — The powerful new shortcuts can also be used with the most-used image adjustments located in Develop’s Tone and Color pane. You can now adjust the exposure, contrast, shadows, highlights, and white balance options using keyboard shortcuts or the mouse scroll wheel. You can even adjust these controls with an external control surface like a Stream Deck, Loupedeck, Monogram, or similar devices.
- Cloud Sync for Presets and Extras — Cloud Sync now keeps your presets and extras like backgrounds, borders, textures, LUTs, etc. all in sync across all your computers. When you create a new preset or install a preset pack it automatically syncs to your other computers. This even works for saved filter styles, import presets, color profiles. You name it, it all stays in sync now.
- Learning Hub — The Learning Hub puts the information you need to be successful right at your fingertips. This floating window lets you access the video library, user guides, support pages, and loyalty rewards from right inside the app.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Fujifilm GFX-100S, Sony Alpha 1.
- Added support for Canon Compressed RAW (cRAW) CR3 files.
- Updated tethered shooting for Canon and Nikon cameras.
- Error 512 trying to round trip back to Lr and images are on a FAT/exFAT network share
- Copying a file from a published album replaces the destination folder with program dll’s
- Attached nef file from Nikon D5 does not preview correctly
- Application hangs on quit at stopping data sources
- Changing the perfectbrowse cache folder language loads the wrong language resource
- Application crashes when removing from an album
- Poorly formatted keyword list can cause unexpected characters to show up in the keyword
- DNG from OnePlus 5T A5010 when using mobile Raw crashes Desktop Raw
- App stuck on closing data sources on quit
- Crash in QMetaObjectPrivate::disconnect
- App goes into a not responding state when you try to launch
- Crash when attempting to bring up the print dialog
- Opening up attached cr3 from a Canon R5 causes the app to freeze when loading
- Previously deleted cataloged folders are showing up after upgrade
- Previously used import destination is not remembered
- Nikon D700 raw files processed through Capture NX display incorrectly
- Changing the right drawer width causes the histogram to display incorrectly
- Photoshop displays 1 second for exposure on exported psd and tif files
- The healing brush changes the luminosity mask
- AI quick mask fails on large files like pano files
- Capture date is now only 2 digits for the year
- Crash when browsing a file from Nikon D3200
- DNG from iPhone 12 do not preview
- Edits are lost on attached files
- Unable to print custom page size
- Cataloged folders go missing upon restart
- When selecting all text in a field the thumbnails get selected instead.
- Attached file is not rotating correctly
- Lens profile for Sony 50mm f/1.4 (SAL50F14) adds overly white vignette
- Other Bug Fixes
Previous Version Updates:
ON1 RAW 2021 Photo RAW Update (188.8.131.5248) — March 2nd, 2021
Fixed crash with Nikon D3200 files
Additional bug fixes
Version 2021 (184.108.40.20600) — February 17th, 2021
- Import Adobe Brush Preset Files — Now you can easily import brushes in the common Adobe brush preset file format, or .ABR. Many of the brushes available for download or purchase online use this format.
- Improved Face Detection — Face detection in Portrait AI now does a better job of finding smaller, tilted, obscured, or poorly-lit faces. It also does a better job of finding the boundaries of eyes and mouths.
- Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates — When you use the Import from Device dialog to import/download your photos from a camera, phone or memory card; Photo RAW keeps track of the photos you have already downloaded and can prevent you from downloading them again, reducing duplicate files.
- Improved Localized Date and Number Formats — We have improved support for different local preferences for date, time, and number formats.
- Slider Control Improvements — We made improvements to slider controls based on feedback from our users. Now you can double-click on the slider handle (in addition to the slider label) to reset the slider. You can also click and hold on a slider label to temporarily show the slider at it’s default, usually off.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Nikon Z 6 II, Nikon Z 7 II, Leica SL2-S
New Lens Profiles —Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM, Canon RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM, LEICA SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH, NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S, NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR, NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED, Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS, Tamron E 20mm F2.8 F050
- RAW Proxies shows magenta/green around white backgrounds
- Add support for Nikon Z 6 II
- GPS coordinates in this format go to the wrong place in Map View
- GPS metadata will not accept this format "45.409382N, 122.747687W"
- Browse changes on a cataloged sub-folder after restart of the app
- Borderless printing with A4 leaves borders at the top and bottom
- Crop and Canvas size can show decimal values
- Dual display does not redraw correctly when moved between monitors with different resolutions
- UI scaling can get reset when program is minimized (4k+ screens)
- Lens correction is getting saved to a preset when not checked
- Remove Add to New Layer reference in user guide for Gallery Wrap
- Lens correction not getting applied to HDR image created from .DNG files
- Filmstrip view changes location
- Red Overlay While Brushing does not work on Macs w/ Wacom tablets
- Levels toggle for clipping is flaky/inconsistent
- Reading incorrect colorspace on Z6 compressed .NEF files
- Alt+Tab while masking switches brush modes
- Lens not correctly identified on attached file
- Not recognizing known Canon lens (EF 500mm f/4L IS II USB + 1.4x III)
- Not reading aperture value for Leica M Type 240 (Tier 1)
- Incorrect lens correction profile applied to .NEF (AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR)
- Other Bug Fixes
And get the App for iOS, iPadOS and Android
1. After clicking on the link above, the download will begin automatically and be saved to your "Downloads" Folder. When the download completes, simply double click on the "Photo RAW 2021.dmg" file.
2. Next, double click on the "ON1 Photo RAW 2021.pkg" file to launch the installer:
3. During the installation process, you will receive security prompts that you will need to allow
by clicking OK. (These need to be accepted in order for app to run correctly)
1. After clicking on the link above, the download will begin automatically and be saved to
your "Downloads" Folder. When the download is complete, simply right click on the
"ON1 Photo RAW 2021.exe" file and choose "Run as the Administrator" to launch the installer.
2. Click Continue to proceed with the Installation process
When you launch ON1 Photo RAW 2021 for the first time, you can start editing your photos immediately by using the free trial. If you have purchased ON1 Photo RAW 2021, click on the "Owners Sign-In" button to activate with your ON1 account credentials.
Clicking the sign-in button will launch the activation window, where you can enter your email address and password:
* Note: If you receive any activation errors after entering your email and password
(the same one you use to sign-in to your account on our website)
see this knowledge base article for steps to take with activation errors:
What’s New in ON1 Photo RAW 2021 Update (220.127.116.1194)
- Adds back original Clone Stamp tool
- Increase font label contrast for readability
- Improved support for on-the-fly resolution changes on Windows 10
- Performance and stability improvements
- Bug fixes
What’s New in ON1 Photo RAW 2021
- ON1 Portrait AI — ON1 Portrait AI finds each face in your photos, analyses them to find the eyes and mouth, and classifies them to apply the correct retouching. It gives excellent results with minimal effort using frequency separation-based skin retouching. It's also super easy at making more complex adjustments such as face shape and lighting. Each edit is completely non-destructive and re-editable for fine-tuning as well, giving photographers complete control over their final look.
- Spot Healing Brush — A new modern approach to removing distractions like dust spots, power-lines, and unwanted people from photos. The Spot Healing Brush is not only faster than current tools; it maintains full non-destructive adjustments for each area removed.
- Replace Color Filter — Easily change the color of an object to any new color. It’s perfect for tweaking or changing the color of objects like eyes, flowers, buildings, and apparel.
- Custom Brush Shapes — Brushing has taken a quantum-leap in control and creativity. Choose from a variety of custom brush shapes or even import brush collections. The new flow control in brushing makes building up a mask more natural too.
- Smart Organize Mode — Take control over cluttered photo archives. Quickly find duplicates or find and group photos that have a similar appearance, location, or time. Smart Organize Mode can help cull photo libraries to find the best photos in a series.
- Color-Sensitive Gradient Masks — Combines the new color-sensitive technology with gradient masks. When enabled, it detects the color under the gradient and applies the mask to only that adjustable color range. It makes it a breeze to mask areas like skies while maintaining things like buildings or trees that go into the sky.
- New Plugin Support — In addition to working as plugins for Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Apple Photos, ON1 now extends into those using workflows in Affinity Photo, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and Capture One (coming soon). Easy access to ON1 Develop, Effects, and Portrait AI are available right inside these apps as plugins.
- Quick Slideshow & Fullscreen Preview — In only one click, launch a full-screen slideshow complete with user-adjustable delay and an elegant dissolve transition. Or use the new full screen preview mode to maximize your work area on a small screen.
- Batch HDR and Pano — Save time by batch processing HDR brackets or panoramas. Organize brackets into sub-folders, then let ON1 Browse build new HDR and panos automatically, a life-saver for real estate photographers.
- Color Fill Layers — In ON1 Layers, quickly set a background color for a composite layout. They are also handy when used with the new custom brush shapes for painting in objects like grass, trees, and clouds.
- Cameras –– Canon EOS Rebel T8i (850D), Canon EOS R5 (uncompressed only), Canon EOS R6(uncompressed only), Fujifilm X-S10, Leica M10-R, Nikon Z 5, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, Olympus E-30, Panasonic DC-S5, Panasonic Lumix DC-G100, Sony A7S III, Sony A7c
- New Lens Profiles –– Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM, Canon G5 X Mark II & compatibles, Canon RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM, NIKON Coolpix P1000, Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S, Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S, Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019, Sony FE 35mm F1.8, Tamron 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD, Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (B028), Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
- Bug fixes
For all of our latest ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021 Knowledge Base Articles click: Here
To contact our Support Department, click Here