ON1 HDR 2023 Release Notes and Download
Version 2023.1.1 (220.127.116.1120) — March 8, 2023
ON HDR creates flawless, natural HDR photos that combine the highlight and shadow details from a bracket of exposures, in the blink of an eye. You can control the movement, such as clouds and running water with a live preview. ON1 HDR is powered by the same RAW processing and special effects engine behind ON1 Photo RAW, for state-of-art image processing without halos or artifacts. You can even combine multiple renditions of the same HDR photo, or add a different photo, like a sky, using the unique non-destructive layers. ON HDR has everything you need to perfect your HDR photos with powerful tools and presets that showcase your creativity.
Mac: ON1 HDR 2023
Windows: ON1 HDR 2023
A Note of Video Card Requirements
On Windows, HDR 2023 requires a video card that supports OpenGL 4.2, DirectX 12, Vulkan 1.1, and DirectML, and has a minimum of 2GB or VRAM. Most video cards manufactured in the past five years meet these requirements. However, it is essential to have the latest video card drivers installed to unlock these requirements.
Version 2023.1.1 (18.104.22.16820) — March 8, 2023
This free update solves a few late-breaking issues and adds support for two new cameras. It is recommended for all users.
- New Camera Support — Added preliminary support for the Canon EOS R8 and R50.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash on launch with older versions of Windows 10.
- Fixed an issue where preset thumbnails could load slowly and cause performance issues.
- Other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Version 2023.1 (22.214.171.12408) — February 16, 2023
This free update includes several new features as well as bug fixes and updated camera and lens support. It is recommended for all users.
- Crop Overlays — The overlay for the crop tool has been expanded with new options including: Rule of Thirds, Grid, Diagonal, Triangles, Golden Ratio, and Golden Spiral. These overlays aid in recomposing the photo when you crop. There are also new options to hide the crop overlay.
- Transform Healing Brush Strokes — Now, you can scale and rotate healing brush strokes, so they better match the area you are healing. You can even flip them if you are copying from one side of the photo to the other to maintain symmetry.
- Copy with the Healing Brush — The new copy mode of the Healing Brush lets you create a copy of an object within your photo. It’s perfect for adding more leaves or birds, especially when combined with the new transform options.
- Move with the Healing Brush — The new move mode of the healing brush enables you to move an object to another area in your photo. Simply paint over what you want to move, then drag it to a new location. You can also change its size and angle if needed. The source location is automatically filled.
- Adjustable UI Font Size — Those tiny laptop screens will be easier to use now you can control the size of the font in the user interface.
- New Camera Support — Added support for the Canon EOS R6 MkII and Panasonic Lumix DC-GX7 Mk3.
- New Lens Profiles — Added lens profiles for these lenses:
- Canon EF 70-210mm f/4
- Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
- Canon RF-S 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Fujifilm GF110mmF2 R LM WR
- Fujifilm GF23mmF4 R LM WR
- Fujifilm XF33mmF1.4 R LM WR
- Meike 28mm f/2.8
- Meike 50mm F1.2
- Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED
- Panasonic LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9/F1.7
- Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 100-300/F4.0-5.6II
- Panasonic LUMIX S 16-35/F4
- Ricoh GR IIIx & compatibles
- Tamron 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DiIII-A VC VXD B061X
- Bug Fixes and other performance enhancements
Version 2023 (126.96.36.19902) — November 17, 2022
This patch fixes several bugs discovered after the release of HDR 2023. It is focused on improving the results of AI Masking features, but it also includes minor enhancements suggested by users.
- Improved the masking fidelity and consistency of the AI Masking features: Super Select AI, Mask AI, Quick Mask AI, and AI Adaptive Presets
- Improved the performance of the Mask Refine Brush
- Improved raw file opening speed by 33%
- Reduced Vulkan errors on Windows that could prevent launching
- Reduced pixelation when using content-aware crop and the Perfect Eraser
- Fixed an issue that could cause the log file to grow large
- Fixed an issue where the menus could disappear on Windows when using full-screen mode
- Added raw file support for:
- Fujifilm X-T5
- OM Systems OM-5
- Sony a7RV (ILCE-7RM5)
- Added lens profiles for:
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
- Samsung Galaxy S21 ultrawide
- Canon RF 35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
- NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S
- Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm f/3.5-5.6 Asph. OIS
- Samyang XP 10mm f/3.5
- Sony E 11mm F1.8
- Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM
- Sony FE 40mm F2.5 G
- Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
- Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm f/0.95 III
- Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm F3.5 SLII Aspherical
- Improved stability
Version 2023 (188.8.131.5276) — 27 October 2022
- Mask AI — Say goodbye to tedious brushing. Mask AI uses state-of-art machine learning to segment photos, identifying objects like people and animals, as well as regions like the sky, mountains, trees, water, and ground. When masking layers, effects, or local adjustments, you can select subjects or regions from the list. Mask AI will create great-looking masks instantly. You can even choose regions to apply filters or adjustments to when you add them, making it easy to get just the adjustment you want.
- Quick Mask AI — We’ve rebuilt the Quick Mask tool to make it faster and more intuitive. The AI segments the photo into regions and objects automatically. Then simply click on the segments you want to mask, and it builds a high-quality mask automatically, no brushing needed.
- Tack Sharp — State-of-the-art sharpening and deblurring is now part of NoNoise AI, your single solution for removing noise and sharpening photos simultaneously. It can detect and remove motion blur as well as save out-of-focus shots. Stop throwing out the perfect shot just because it’s a little soft.
- Content-Aware Crop — If you have ever had to crop or level a photo and have lost important details near the edges, the new content-aware crop will be a lifesaver. It can expand the photo canvas and fill the new edges with realistic detail.
- Improved Content-Aware Perfect Eraser — The Perfect Eraser, the perfect tool for removing larger distractions, has been improved with a more accurate algorithm and is faster on modern computers.
- In-App Notifications — Learn about new courses, videos, and creative assets in the Learning Hub with new account in-app notifications.
- Support for new cameras:
- Added support for GoPro GPR raw format. This includes the GoPro Hero 7-11 and Fusion.
- Added raw decoding support for these new cameras:
- Nikon Z 30
- Fujifilm X-H2
- Fujifilm X-H2S
- Support for losslessly compressed Fujifilm raw files.
- Added support for Nikon High-Efficiency NEF.
- We also added lens profiles for these lenses:
- Canon RF 14-35mm F4 L IS USM
Meyer Optik Görlitz 3.5/30mm
Nikon NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 II
Pentacon electric 2.8/29mm
Sigma 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 022
Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 021
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN | Contemporary 017
Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary 018
TTArtisan APS-C 23mm F1.4
Venus Laowa 17mm f/1.8 C-Dreamer
Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 50mm F2 Aspherical
Zeiss Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 4/20mm
Zeiss Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 135mm F1.8 ZA (SAL135F18Z)
Zeiss Distagon 18mm f/4
Zeiss Distagon 28mm f/2.8 MMJ
Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.7 AEJ
Zeiss Sonnar 85mm f/2.8 AEJ
- Other Bug Fixes and Improvements
A Note of Video Card Requirements
On Windows, Photo RAW 2023 requires a video card that supports OpenGL 4.2, DirectX 12, Vulcan 1.1, and DirectML, and has a minimum of 2GB or VRAM. Most video cards manufactured in the past five years meet these requirements. However, it is essential to have the latest video card drivers installed to unlock these requirements.
For more details see this article:
HOT TOPIC: Video Card Requirements for ON1 Photo RAW 2023
Article is closed for comments.