Smart Organiser - Efficient Usage
Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions or help :)
I wish to use ON1 Photo Raw as a visual Duplicate File Finder for pictures only
- Copies of identical pictures that are wasting disk space
Normal utilities can find duplicate files with identical file names.
These utilities list duplicate files of any type – I just want pictures – hence using ON1
Use Smart Organise with these Settings
- Folder = F:\
- Find Duplicates
- Same Name & Extension
- Same Aspect Ratio
Find lots of duplicates which is good
But cannot work out how to efficiently process the results
Specifically – these are the problems
Any tips are gratefully received 😊
- Search Results Navigation
- How to scroll to Top or Bottom of groups?Home or End keys do not work – only PgUp / PgDn
- Sort Results by Folder Name
- Search Results Picture File Management
- How to Select Multiple Folders in Search Options
- Double Click to Magnify Picture for easier viewing
- After processing pictures in a group so that only One picture remaining – can the Group be Skipped automatically?
- When Deleting a picture – why does cursor move to far right hand side of screen – instead of moving to Focus (like Windows is set to do) to confirm Delete?
- Search Results Window – use like a normal window
- How to Maximise?
- Esc closes window with no warning – now I have to start all over again!
- Switch between this and Main ON1 window – treat as separate windows
- Search Results
- How to know that there are No Search Results?
Just a blank window?
- Change from Black to White background with black text
Some of these questions are already answered in the user guide starting on page 55.
Have you read that yet?
It won't give you the full flexibility that you're asking for, but I use the free CCleaner utility on Windows. [https://www.ccleaner.com] I has a lot of tools for cleaning the OS, including a Duplicate File finder. You can choose to search for only specific file extensions, select a list of folders, and the options for matching include file content, size, or name.
You won't be able to view the images in the tool.0
Yes of course - several times over a period of a year or two
I'm only asking these questions because I need some guidance - are you able to provide that?
Thanks - I have something similar to CCleaner
Removing duplicates is the first step - after that I wish to find photographs taken at the same place to create albums of places visited over the years0
Please sign in to leave a comment.