How To Load The Free Nik Collection On A Mac With Recent OS
Due to a bug in the installer, the free version of the Nik collection will not install on recent versions of the Mac OS. Here's a work around:
1. Download the free version here: https://archive.org/details/nikcollection-full-1.2.11 or any number of other sites. Click MacOS Disk Image to download.
2. Click the downloaded DMG file, and RIGHT CLICK the arrow and then click SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS.
3. At this point you may want to decide where to store all the apps
4. Expand the RESOURCES folder and right click AnalogEfexPro2.tar.gz then choose Open With Archive Utility. This will create a Folder in DOWNLOADS called AnalogEfexPro2.
5. The remainder of the installation consists of repeating step 5 for all the 'tar' files you want to save.
6. The above photo shows everything I saved. You may want to keep less or more and if you find problems or better solutions, please comment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.