Just installed ON1 Photo RAW 2023.5 on new Windows 11 system. Rushed into "Catalogs" based on "Why You Should Use Catalogs" articles and it seems to have been a mistake:
1) Told ON1 to Catalog the entire Drive where photos are stored. It seemed expedient at the time...
2) That was several DAYS ago, and the app is still consuming significant system resources - CPU and RAM - AND frequent Freezes when attempting even Browse photos. (To be Fair, neither the system NOR ON1 have ran continuously - but still over 12 hours / day, including 3 Run All Night sessions, which I hoped would allow it to finish up. No such luck.)
3) As far as I have discovered, there is NO WAY to MANAGE the "Sub-Folders" beneath a main Catalog - ?? (You must remove the Entire Catalog.)
4) Assuming 3) above is correct, is there any way to Remove the Main Catalog Folder (the Entire drive...), but to RETAIN & REUSE all the data that Photo RAW has been painstakingly compiling (over a matter of days...) - ?
5) Did read one Suggestion to TURN OFF the "AI Keywords" feature to speed things along. Would it safe to assume that doing so would REMOVE any Keywords which have already been assigned to photos?
Apologies for a Bunch of questions, but have found the existing documentation on this "Feature" to be sorely lacking - or perhaps it is merely well hidden?
Thanks in advance....
Please sign in to leave a comment.