Literally while I was writing this message, on1 2024 just suddenly closed for no apparent reason. It was just sitting there with a folder open in browse mode. Not the first time. No crash warning. Not in task manager. Just disappeared! So another problem...
My system although somewhat old has always had no trouble running Lightroom, Photoshop, and other intensive apps (simultaneously), but on1 just doesn't play nice with my setup. I'm not expecting blazing speeds, but it just crawls. On another computer with faster processor and more memory, it seems to be fine, but I still feel that my system shouldn't be as slow as it is. Is this system really too slow for on1? AFAIK my system exceeds minimum system requirements.
- HP Z840, 2.40 GHz (2 processors) Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620
- 16 GB RAM
- nVidia Quadro M4000 16 GB memory (none shared) with latest drivers
- Windows 10 64 bit up to date
- Program installed on Samsung SSD with 163 GB free space
System settings I've applied:
- In Windows advanced graphics settings, I've enabled high performance for on1 RAW
- nVidia control panel 3D settings, I've enabled Optimize for Performance.
- Excluded on1 folders from Norton Antivirus scans
- on1 system preference preview size set to small
- on1 system preference CPU usage set to Low
- Scratch disk, browser cache are on another SSD (faster and larger than my boot drive) set to maximum size since I have plenty of space.
- System and VRAM Memory usage were at 80%. Should I lower them?
- Video Card Strength: Recommendations for my card? Currently set to midway.
- AI Processor: Which processor should be faster with my setup: graphics card or CPU?
What hardware upgrade would be the most bang for the buck? E.g. would adding another 16GB of memory really make that much difference? Other items that could be impacting on1 performance?
I really would like to keep on1, but if I can't get it to work, it has to go.
Please sign in to leave a comment.