Skip to main content

lensdb xml files



  • Rick Sammartino Community moderator

    Just wondering why you're doing it that way rather than making a preset. Do presets not do what you need?

  • Kevin Pinkerton

    I have opened a support ticket, and I do not have much hope that they will delve into it. I opened a support ticket about 6 months ago and got a response that was basically telling me nothing.

    The problem I have is with several focal lengths on Sigma lenses. I can get it to work about 1% of the time. The other 99% the lens correction appears to distort the crap out of the corners. It looks to me like it has taken the lens correction and applied it about 10 times in a row, multiplying the correction. My current solution is to hope that it works that 1% of the time, or just turn it off, or pick another Sigma lens that is close and covers the focal lengths (but not too far).

    I have a NEF file that has some canned presets and Lens correction (with the correct lens) is part of it. It is perfect. I can create a version of it (because I am afraid to touch the original lens correction), go into develop and reset or do auto on the Lens Correction, and it screws up the image. But nothing at all changes in the Lens Correction box. Same lens.

    I spent my working career debugging software and I wanted to see if perhaps something in the lens correction .xml was causing this. But apparently the lens xml files are loaded once and never used again. Perhaps during install. Or thru some backdoor that I do not know about. Because nothing I did to the particular Sigma lens entry changed the Lens Correction.

  • Rick Sammartino Community moderator

    Ok, but I still don't see why you're not doing your own corrections manually and just saving them. i don't use them myself, so maybe I'm just missing something here.


Please sign in to leave a comment.