Problems Masking with Adjustment Tool
I will start with what I am trying to accomplish and then explain what is happening now vs. how it was working a week ago.
If I try to add an Effect, here are the steps I take:
- Select the image I want to work on
- Click "Switch to On1 Effects"
- I select an effect. For this example, I will use Sharpening
- Click on "Show/Hide Masking Options"
- Click on the "Invert" button
- I make sure my mode (in top left of screen) is on "Paint In"
- The adjustment brush is auto selected for me. I begin to use it and nothing happens. Last week, I used these same steps and had no issues painting in my effect.
This same this is happening when I switch to On1 Develop if I select a Local Adjustment (for example structure). I take the same steps and nothing happens there either and it was also working over a week ago. So basically i right now don't seem to have a way to selectively sharpen in image or do anything which requires masking.
I sent an email to support. They sent a quick reply asking me for more information and I haven't heard back from them since. I tried repeated attempts to contact them asking for an update and seem to be getting put on the back burner and ignored. Can someone please help? I was laid off from my day job almost 4 months ago and photography is my only source of income right now and I dumped all my Adobe monthly subscriptions when I was laid off.
What is your brush opacity set to? I just tried this and it seems to select random values each time and I have to reset it to 100%0
Thanks Paul, that was it. My opacity somehow was set to 0% at the top. Not sure how since I never touched it. I have only changed my opacity on the actual filter I created.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.