uninstall old PhotoRaw programs
When I go to run the uninstall script for ON1 PhotoRaw 2017 it says something like that I need to backup the presets, etc as all will be deleted. It almost seems that it is saying that it will delete the presets etc in PhotoRaw 2018 and 2018. Does anyone know if that is the case. If you uninstall one old program - it obliterates the presets, etc in the newest (2019)?
I believe the uninstall script removes all On1 programs if you run it. That said if you do run it you would need to reinstall any versions you wanted to use. So YES back up your presets etc.. first.0
Yes, all presets are deleted when you reinstall. If this has happened to you and all ON1 presets are gone, you can go to ON1 Rewards page and download all of those presets again. If they are personal presets, they are gone forever. Be sure, as David Kick said, backup your presets first.0
The response from ON1 support (Kahlie) suggested the following: If you wish to remove these older versions from your machine, all you need to do is run the installer for ON1 Photo RAW 2019 again. The installer will give you the option to keep or remove any previous versions. When you choose to remove the previous versions in the installer, all of your previously installed presets and extras will be retained and will migrate to the new version (2019).
Is there a way to find and save all the presets that I have installed in On1 over the years? Not sure where to find them in 2019.0
Using the 2019 install program does remove older versions and will migrate presets and add ons from the older version but will leave some older folders and files behind. You can also just uninstall the older version on it's own either before or after 2019 is installed. Using the On1 uninstall script will remove everything new and old requiring a complete reinstall of the program and all of your add ons. Which method you use depends on why you're doing it. Sometimes there is a problem that only a complete wipe will fix.
You can save your presets from Manage Extras in the File menu. Click on the Preset and select Export.0
ON1 Photo Raw 2020 did not offer the option of removing the older versions. What is recommended process for 2020?
Install new and remove old? remove old then install new? Old settings and preferences were migrated to 2020, will they be lost if old is removed?
Some clarification available somewhere?0
I recommend installing the 2020 version first. This will allow the installer to migrate your presets, settings, etc. Once you've decided that you don't need the 2019 anymore then uninstall it. Uninstalling 2019 will not affect what 2020 has migrated for you. Here are some instructions for completely removing the older version:
1. Uninstall via the Add/Remove Programs
2. Remove the C:\Program Files\ON1\ON1 Photo RAW 2019 directory
3. Remove the directories with "2019" in their names located in C:\ProgramData\ON1
4. Remove the directories with "2019" in their names located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ON1
5. Remove this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\ON1 Photo RAW 2019.lrplugin
6. Remove this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\ON1 Resize 2019-suite.lrplugin
7. Remove the 2019 files in this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets
8. Remove the 2019 files in this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC-1
Please sign in to leave a comment.