I had high hopes for the advertised performance improvements, but was disappointed with the results. It is a fact there has been some improvement, but not enough to justify an upgrade.
- Going from grid to detail mode there is still a delay to render the image. In some instances it is faster, but it varies quite a bit. .
- Merge layers still very slow.
- Preview on and off seems slower in 2020 as compared to 2019.6
- Exporting images is still slow and the progress bar does not seem to function.
- I cannot find any enhancements to asset management
On the plus side, brushing is smoother and faster. The perfect eraser is faster but not as fast as lightroom. The processing engine in 2019.6 and 2020 is excellent and produces beautiful results.
I suspect many people very much like the added filters and presets. However, I think On1 already produces better results than its competitors including Lightroom. I would feel better served with more performance improvements and enchancements to asset management. Just one man’s very humble opinion.
Please sign in to leave a comment.