ON1 2020 version has many issues with Digital Asset Management. The 1st issue I mentioned dealt with disappearing keywords and is discussed in an earlier post.
The 2nd issue deals with the inability to search or filter based on keywords, and I think it is related to the disappearing keywords issue. After I recovered my keywords (most of them anyway) by copying from an earlier backup set, I tried to search by double-clicking keywords in the master keyword list. Most didn't work at all. I was searching in a cataloged folder, so it should have displayed all the files containing that keyword, but instead all I got was a blank screen. I know that ON1 is "seeing" these files, because the keyword list will display a number after the keyword that shows how many photos contain that keyword. Yet when I try to search and display the files I get a blank screen. I have tried checking the "show sub-folder contents" before searching and it doesn't matter - it shouldn't matter when searching a cataloged folder anyway, but I tried searching with and without this option and the results were the same.
Searching worked fine in earlier versions - and of course, my keywords didn't just disappear in earlier versions either. So it seems that ON1 has taken a big step backwards in the 2020 version, at least as far as DAM is concerned.
FWIW, I am using a dedicated computer for ON1 and it's a pretty good setup; 16 gigs of RAM, I7 processor, separate graphics card, 1 terrabyte SSD dedicated for the photos (only using about 200 gigs of it) and a 256 gigabyte portable SSD that I use for the scratch and browse caches. So my hardware is more than capable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.