Installation a no go
I have tried to update On1 2020. Upon install I get a warning that On1 cannot find the file in programdata\ON1\installer resouces\. I checked the folder and it is empty as are all 2020 folders. I've tried to uninstall and I receive the same message. I'm stuck and cannot install or uninstall or update the program.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Windows 10.
How are you doing the update? Are you clicking on the Update button you see when launching the program or have you downloaded the installer and are running that yourself?
I would start by downloading the installer from the ON1 web site. You can get the trial version from the home page or you can sign in to your account and download it from there. You'll get the same installer either way.
Let me know how that goes.0
To start I chose to run the update when the program closed. When the update started I got to the "Accept License" dialog and the install stopped with the message I related about not finding the file"Cannot open file "C\ProgramData\ON1\InstallerResources\source.programdata\1400ON1Photo RAW 2020.txt". Upon checking manually for the file, I found the folder was empty as were all of the 2020 folders. When I went into the Windows app and program listing to try to uninstall so I could reinstall the program I got the same message. I've downloaded 2 copies of the program and tried to do a fresh install, nothing happens when I click run as administrator. I did download the update file. Will trying to run the trial make a difference?0
Something got screwed up somewhere that is preventing you from moving forward with the update or backwards with the uninstall. Here is a procedure for manually removing all the program's components so you can run the installer as if it was the first time. You've already run step1 unsuccessfully so start with step 2.
1. Uninstall via the Add/Remove Programs
2. Remove the C:\Program Files\ON1\ON1 Photo RAW 2020 directory
3. Remove the directories with "2020" in their names located in C:\ProgramData\ON1
4. Remove the directories with "2020" in their names located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ON1
5. Remove this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\ON1 Photo RAW 2020.lrplugin
6. Remove this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\ON1 Resize 2020-suite.lrplugin
7. Remove the 2020 files in this directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets
8. Remove the 2020 files in this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
That will clean out everything I know of that the program uses to run with the exception of your sidecar files so you will not loose your edits.0
Thanks. I'll do that but tomorrow. I downloaded the trial version and tried to install but the Maintenance tool popped up and indicated it could not get authorization to run. Looks like the clean out you suggest is going to be the only way to get it back.
Thanks. I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow.0
The trial version is exactly the same as what you get if you pay for it first then download the installer. All you have to do is sign in to your account in the program and the 30 day expiration period goes away. Just an FYI. :)0
Brian Lawson, I just(finally) finished with your suggestions. It worked. Thanks so much for your help0
Please sign in to leave a comment.