I just installed Photo RAW 2021 on my PC (18.104.22.16835). The software seems painfully slow / sluggish, while not really utilizing the PC hardware at its disposal. Can someone recommend some videos where I can get a feel for how responsive the UI should (or should not) be? Examples of things that feel slow:
- Opening the program and watching the preset thumbnails on the left slowly fill in.
- Zooming in/out.
- Using Retouch
- Applying presets
I need to learn this latest version of the software, but the initial feel is just so bad. I don't experience this with other graphical tools on this same PC.
My CPU doesn't seem to go above 15%, and my GPU doesn't seem to go above 15%. In Preferences, I have Memory Usage and VRAM Usage maxed at 80%. I have Video Card Strength maxed and Fast Panning, Fast Preview, and GPU Render are enabled. I'm seeing hardly any I/O on my storage, and RAM usage is under 2 GB. I have the latest version on Win10 Pro, video drivers, Photo RAW 2021. Some system details are below.
- CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
- RAM: 128 GB @ 3200 MHz
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE, Driver 457.09, Windows HAGS enabled
- OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.610
- Display: Acer Predator XB273K GP @ 4k, 120 Hz with G-Sync enabled, 150% scaling. Connected with dual DisplayPort.
- Storage: NVME SSD Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 1 TB (5GB/sec) – quantity 2
I read through some articles on performance issues, but I didn't see anything that suggested other things for me to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.