I am new to ON1 and ran into the following issue that I don't know how to fix.
My workflow is as follows:
1) I tend to upload my photos from camera to Apple Photos
2) Since ON1 cant access the apple library directly I also upload the camera to a separate file on my internal ssd harddrive using Nikon Transfer 2
3) I have Dropbox and One Drive set up that they both simultaneously upload from the camera as well.
4) I go thru the new batch first in Apple photos: the light easy one click edits I do in apple photos
4) The photos that require more editing or photos I intend to use as my portfolio etc, I want to edit with ON1.
5) here is where life becomes complicated: I can use ON1 as plug in for apple photos but then I can't use the catalogue system nor can I use the ON1 sync feature. But if I want to use ON1 as stand alone, then the original photos should stay in the folder on my harddrive and ON sticks the side car next to it. Now what if I then want to move that photo to another folder or drive? Must I first export it so the sidecar info gets embedded in the file. Because if I move the photo only the unedited file transfers and I have nothing?? What to do?
Additionally, is there a way to import the photos from my camera using ON1??
Please sign in to leave a comment.