How to Install NIK4 Collection on a Mac
How to install DXO Nik4 to ON1 (as a plugin) (Mac)
- Press the Command + Shift + . (period) keys at the same time. This will make your hidden files visible.
- Using finder, navigate to : Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/ON1/ON1 PhotoRaw 2022/PhotoshopPlugins/
- If you don’t have a subdirectory called “PhotoshopPlugins”, create one. If you have installed an adobe photo product it will be there.
- Drag that subdirectory to your favourites in finder because when you are doing the NIK install, it won’t show in the version of finder that opens up from the installed and you will need it be able to click on it in favourites.
- Process Nik Collection by DxO installation
- During “Compatible Host” step, click on + to create a custom plugins folder in your preferred directory (use the combination shift+Cmd+n if necessary), then click Open
- In the installer, you will see a Adobe Photoshop Custom1 host added to your list
- You will have to click on the “PhotoShopPlugins” from your favourites to select it.
- By successively clicking on Continue and Install , a 'DxO' folder will be created in background in the directory you chose
- This 'DxO' folder will contain all Nik Collection by DxO plugins
- Continue installation until finished and click on Close
Nik4 will then show up in ON1 under the menu item “Layer/Filters/NikCollection
Steps 1 & 2 can be done from within the program on either operating system. Go to Preferences > Plug-ins and click the Show Default Folder button. It will open the PhotoshopPlugins folder in either the Finder or Windows Explorer.0
Oh excellent! Thanks Brian!0
Thanks for posting the procedure Jeff.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.