KP, Why did you delete the whole thread after all of that work?
You can download a video showing my workflow. It should be available for a week from today (Mar 11 22).
These are the steps...
How to Create the Dragan Effect in Photo Raw.
- Open your image in Photo Raw. Double click the filename and rename it to 'Original'.
- Duplicate the original layer and name it Layer 1
- Select Layer 1 and reduce saturation (in Develop) to 0.
- Duplicate layer 1 and name it layer 2.
- Invert the layer 2 by adding a Curves filter and select invert from the drop down.
- Change layer 2 blending mode to vivid light.
- Add a Blur filter above curves and select surface blur.
- Adjust amount and threshold to your preference.
- Turn off the Original layer and Merge layers 1 and 2. Layer 2 will remain.
- Turn the Original layer back on and set layer 2 blending to overlay.
- Select the original layer and duplicate it. Name the new layer Layer 1
- Reduce the Layer 1 saturation (in Develop) to 0.
- Change layer 1 blending to multiply.
- If your image looks too dark, apply shadows/highlights adjustment to original layer.
- Now brighten the eyes. Duplicate Layer 2 and name it Layer 3
- On Layer 3 add a Local Adjustment set to Paint with color and set to white.
- Set the brush to paint in, feather 100 and adjust size to paint on the eyes.
- Note: If layer 3 blending is already set to overlay, change it to normal while painting.
- Change layer 3 blending to overlay.
- To make eyes pop, Duplicate layer 3 and rename to layer 4 .
- Lower the layer 4 opacity to your preference.
- Right click layer 4 and select Merge Visible. (All layers should be on at this point)
- Color style the image using a LUT if desired or ...
- If you want black & white effect then add a B/W filter to the remaining merged layer
Please sign in to leave a comment.