ON1 Photo RAW 2022
Version 2022.1 (18.104.22.16875) — Jan 12th, 2022
The new ON1 Photo RAW 2022 for desktop is the hassle-free, professional photo organizer, raw processor, layered editor and effects app. It’s perfect for those seeking an ultra-convenient all-in-one photo editing solution to produce high quality results at a tremendous value.
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022
ON1 Photo RAW 2022.1 Release Notes (Patch Release)
Version 2022.1 (22.214.171.12475) — Jan 12th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where some Photoshop plugins didn’t launch correctly on Windows
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking on a keyword did not execute the search
Smart albums are disappearing/reappearing unexpectedly
Fixed an issue whereLegacy smart album import is failing on migration/launch
Fixed an issue where Export from Resize fails when using same folder as original
Fixed an issue where unable to rename if you make a mistake due to case sensitivity
Fixed an issue Restoring Minimized Advanced Search window resets the dialog
Fixed an issue where Advanced search fails on finding video files unless you specifically search that folder
Fixed an issue where Smart Albums don't appear right away in the pane when created
Fixed an issue where Search style appears blank after relaunch until reselected
Fixed an issue where Ps Emulator is not installed on Windows with 2022.1
Fixed an issue where double-clicking on a keyword in the Keyword pane does not show the correct results
Fixed an issue where removing an image from your search will change selection but not be clickable
Fixed an issue where ouut of bounds strokes shift liquify effects
Fixed an issue where rating while in detail view AND a filter will bump you back to grid view
Version 2022.1 (126.96.36.19931) — Dec 20th, 2021
- Advanced Search — Finding the right photos just got a lot easier with the new Advanced Search dialog. It harnesses the power of a modern database to search the metadata for all of your photos. This goes way beyond the basics to include searching on any combination of fields, with per-field operators and intelligent ranges.
- Smart Albums — Save your favorite searches as Smart Albums so you can get to just the right photos in an instant. You can create Smart Albums for your favorites, for holidays, recent edits, you name it.
- Liquify Tool — The new Liquify Tool lets you push, bloat, and pinch areas of your photo to reduce flaws or reshape regions. It’s completely non-destructive, so you can easily adjust each stroke after the fact.
- Snapshots — Snapshots let you freeze a point and time so you can always get back to it. They are perfect for comparing different treatments like color versus black and white.
- Crop Tool Presets — The crop tool now lets you store custom crop aspect ratios so you can easily access them again.
- Visualize Dust When Retouching — Have you ever made a print to only see a big dust spot you hadn’t noticed on your screen? Now it's easy to find all the dust and remove them with the new Visualize Dust option in the retouching tools. It makes the dust jump out so you don’t miss any.
- Improved Sky Swap AI Results — We improved the AI model for Sky Swap AI. It does an even better job on birds, antennas, trees, and other objects in the sky.
- Shared Presets — Presets you create or install from preset packs are now shared across all supported versions of ON1 apps, like ON1 Photo RAW and ON1 Effects.
- Topographic Map — If you are an outdoor enthusiast, you will appreciate the topographic map option in the map view. The standard map is the dark theme now to match the interface better.
- Performance Improvements — Faster Background Export using the GPU, Faster Opening of RAW Files, Improved GPU support for M1.
- New Cameras — Added support for Raw files from the Canon EOS R3, Sony A7 IV, Ricoh GR IIIx, and Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II.
- New Lenses — Added lens profile for the Olympus M.12-45mm F4.0
- Other Bug Fixes
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 (188.8.131.5212) — Oct 12, 2021
- Improved the mask for trees when using Sky Swap AI
- Improved the stability of Sky Swap AI on Windows
- Resolved an issue where you would be prompted to save the default preset when changes are made in Export
- Added the ability to set the starting number for sequences when renaming
- Improved Ps plugin support. This allows running x86 plugins in ARM architecture, loading Qt-based plugins like Perfectly Clear, as well as support for Nik Silver Efex Pro and Viveza.
- Improved support for Nikon 12-bit NEF files
- Block installation on deprecated OS’s such as Windows 7 & 8, and macOS 10.13
- Resolved an issue where Olympus raw files were not being opened as tier 1 cameras
- Added support for changing brush size with the scroll gesture by holding down opt key on macOS when the preferences are set to adjust the brush size
- Support for New Cameras — Sony A7R IIIa, Sony ZV-E10
- Other Bug Fixes and Improvements
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 (184.108.40.20637) — September 23, 2021
- Integrated ON1 NoNoise AI — ON1’s powerful, AI-based noise removal is now built into the core raw processing in ON1 Photo RAW. NoNoise AI leverages state-of-art machine learning to build an AI network that can remove luminance and color noise while maintaining the details like no other application. The results are simply amazing. You can use it on the fly and non-destructively just like any other raw processing adjustment. No need to create intermediate DNG or TIF files.
- Sky Swap AI — The New Sky tab in Edit makes replacing or enhancing a dull sky a breeze. It detects the sky in your photo and creates a gorgeous mask automatically. Simply select from one of the over 100 included skies or import your own. You have full control over the mask used to blend the sky and can use the masking tools you are already familiar with to adjust it as needed. You can adjust the sky to blend better with your foreground, even blur the sky to simulate a long exposure. Not only does it replace the sky, but it will adjust the foreground lighting and color as well as add a reflection of the sky to water found in the foreground.
- Run Photoshop® Plugins — Now you can run plugins made for Adobe® Photoshop® right inside of ON1 Photo RAW. If you have been collecting plugins for years, now you can access them and what makes them unique right inside the app where you do the rest of your work, no need to launch or subscribe, to Photoshop.
- Retooled Export — We tool over 100 suggestions from our users and have rebuild Export from the ground up. It is the most powerful export and image converter you can imagine. First, presets are more powerful. You can run them right from the file menu and you can run more than one simultaneously. There are more options for everything. In File Type, you can now create DNGs or export copies of the original. The file renaming is infinitely flexible as is the creation of destinations. You can now use multiple watermarks at the same time and use text or graphics for them. Resizing is more powerful and flexible than ever. And finally, you have control over what metadata is written to exported files. There’s so much more in Export, you just have to try it to see everything it can do now.
- Time-Lapse Creation — The New time-lapse creation dialog can quickly and efficiently create time-lapse videos from your still photo sequences. You can preview your results right in the dialog and create quick proof versions or high-quality final results. It detects when the camera is bumped and can filter out misaligned frames. It also detects changes in exposure and can even them out automatically, making holy-grail-style day to night videos possible. Finally, you can increase or decrease the speed to stretch out short sequences into longer, smooth videos.
- Line Mask Tool — The line mask tool is back and more powerful than ever. Similar to a polygonal lasso or pen tool, it can quickly create masks using straight lines. But it’s much more than that. You can now curve the lines, add and remove points, or change the feather and opacity of the shapes you create anytime, even after creation. They are completely non-destructive and work hand-in-hand with the other powerful masking tools in ON1 Photo RAW.
- Apple Silicon Native — ON1 Photo RAW now runs natively on Apple Silicon-based macOS computers. This allows you to take full advantage of the amazing speed of these next-generation Macs.
- Favorites in Browse — We have added a Favorites pane to Browse to help you access frequently used folders easier. Simply drag and drop a folder you access frequently to the Favorites pane to create a shortcut to it. You can navigate through your favorites subfolders quickly in the Favorites pane without having to worry about all the folders above it.
- Customizable Thumbnails — Now you have great flexibility over the appearance of the thumbnails in Browse. You can control what is displayed on them, how big the labels are and when they show up. You can choose and light or dark theme, or normal or square thumbnails.
- Gestures — Zooming, panning, and changing photos is more natural with a smooth, animated experience, with full gesture support on macOS trackpads and Windows tablet computers.
- Back-up and Restore — Prepare for the worst and recover easily with the backup and restore features. They back up all your work, settings albums, presets, extras. You can use the restore feature to recover from a disaster on your computer or to migrate everything to a new computer.
- Improved Browse Performance — We all spend a ton of time in Browse. Making it as fast and smooth as possible is a top priority for us.
- Improvements to Batch Renaming — Batch renaming is so much more powerful. Now you can use any metadata field, in any order when batch renaming.
- Improved Import Locations — Similar to batch renaming, you can now drive import locations using photo metadata. Want to organize your imports by date or camera, no problem.
- Support for New Cameras — Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II, FujiFilm X-E4, Pentax K-3 Mark III, Canon EOS M50 Mk II, Sony a7r IVa, Nikon Z fc, Sony ZV-E10, Panasonic GX880. Improved support for 12-bit NEF files.
- Support for New Lenses — Canon RF85mm F1.2L USM, Tamron E 17-28mm F2.8-2.8, Tamron E 17-70mm F2.8 B070, Tamron E 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 A071, Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (A041), Tokina 17mm f/3.5 RMC II, Improved profile matching.
- Other Bug Fixes and Improvements
And get the App for iOS, iPadOS and Android
1. After clicking on the link above, the download will begin automatically and be saved to your "Downloads" Folder. When the download completes, simply double click on the "Photo RAW 2022.dmg" file.
2. Next, double click on the "ON1 Photo RAW 2022.pkg" file to launch and run the installer:
3. During the installation process, you will receive security prompts that you will need to allow
by clicking OK. (These need to be accepted in order for app to run correctly)
4. At the end of installation you will receive this pop-up. Click OK
*Note Plugins are no longer included in ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022.
This dialogue is for confirmation of installing the Lightroom Migration Utility Only. And only will appear if you have Lightroom Classic CC installed.
5. You'll be prompted to either launch the ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 at the end of installation or to Cancel.
6. If you click OK, ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 will be launched.
If you click Cancel, you will be notified that the installation has been successful. Click Close.
1. After clicking on the link above, the download will begin automatically and be saved to
your "Downloads" Folder. When the download is complete, simply right click on the
"ON1 Photo RAW 2022.exe" file and choose "Run as the Administrator" to launch the installer.
2. Click Continue to proceed with the installation process
When you launch ON1 Photo RAW 2022 for the first time, you can start editing your photos immediately by using the free trial. If you have purchased ON1 Photo RAW 2022, click on the "Owners Sign-In" button to activate with your ON1 account credentials.
Clicking the sign-in button will launch the activation window, where you can enter your email address and password:
* Note: If you receive any activation errors after entering your email and password
(the same one you use to sign-in to your account on our website)
see this knowledge base article for steps to take with activation errors:
For all of our latest ON1 PHOTO RAW 2022 Knowledge Base Articles click: Here
To contact our Support Department, click Here