Troubleshooting problems with ON1
Please make sure your machine meets the minimum system requirements.
1. Update your video card driver. (Windows only)
And make sure the app is set to run off the dedicated GPU.
2. Once you have updated your video card driver, we recommend reinstalling the program.
Download the most current installer for your program here.
Before submitting a Technical Support ticket:
Can you isolate the problem e.g. is it a particular file, tool, or following a series of steps?
If problems persist, please gather the following information:
We'll need a copy of your System Information:
Here are steps on how to do so:
1) Please press Windows Key + the letter "R" on your keyboard to bring up the to open the Run command window
2) Type "msinfo32" in the Open field and left-click OK
3) While viewing the Microsoft System Information summary, go to File then choose Save (Please do not use Export)
4) Save your MSINFO32 report as "msinfo32.nfo" on your desktop to easily locate it after. It can take up to a minute to generate a report.
For more help on how to generate a copy of your system report, please see:
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021 Log File:
You’ll find the log file for ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021 here:
C:/Users/Your Username/AppData/Roaming/ON1/ON1 Photo RAW 2021 : ON1 PHOTO RAW Log.txt file.
Please note, App Data is a Hidden Folder on Windows.
Please make sure you enable hidden files and folders on your machine so you are able to open this folder. Here is a Microsoft KB if you're not familiar with it: Show Hidden Files & Folders
Event Viewer Details
Is there anything showing up in your Event Viewer?
In your Search Bar type Event Viewer.
Then goto WindowLogs >Application
There should be some Errors that are being listed.
Make Sure you are sorting by date/time. Look for a red Error! line.
Double click on the Error line to open the details.
What you want to focus on in here is the “Faulting module name” for example in the picture it shows NTDLL.dll but your system may show a different file.
Also look at the Faulting module path.
What is the faulting module name? What is the faulting module path?
Pease gather the information below and include a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing in your response.
About this Mac:
Send us a screenshot of your System Info:
ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021 Log file:
Goto the User level Library
~/Library/Application Support/ON1/ ON1 PHOTO RAW 2021: On1 PHOTO RAW LOG.txt
* Note, the User Library is hidden by default.
To reach it, open a new Finder window, then press and hold the Option key on your keyboard while you click the Go menu at the top of your screen. Select the Library option which appears. From there, you can continue into the Application Support/ON1
You can get these details by opening up the Console app.
Copy and paste the details of the crash into a new text file.
Submit a support ticket with these details here
Visit our Knowledge Base here