ON1 Effects 2021
Version 2021.5 (184.108.40.20603) — May 11, 2021
The Ultimate Collection of Photo Effects, Filters, LUTs, and Presets. Instantly stylize your photos and create any look you want. ON1 Effects 2021 includes hundreds of built-in presets, filters, LUTs, textures and borders that you can combine, blend, and customize to your style. Popular looks include B&W, HDR Look, Dynamic Contrast, Lens Blur (tilt-shift), Glows, Film Looks, Split Tone, Textures, Borders and more. You're going to love experimenting with all the unique and beautiful effects you'll be able to add to your photos with just a few clicks — the creative possibilities are limitless!
Mac: ON1 Effects 2021.5
Windows: ON1 Effects 2021.5
What’s New in ON1 Effects 2021.5 (220.127.116.1103) — May 11, 2021
- Re-editable Smart Photos for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now you can re-edit your adjustments made in ON1 Effects, maintaining your non-destructive workflow with Adobe Lightroom Classic. From Lightroom, you can send photos to ON1 Effects, where you can retouch, crop, and add effects. The results roundtrip back to Lightroom as a normal Photoshop PSD where you can view and export them. If you want to adjust your settings made in ON1 Effects, simply send it back to Effects and all your settings are still there. You can re-crop, change the retouching, or add or change filters.
- Batch Processing for Adobe® Lightroom® Classic — Now you can batch-process photos from Lightroom Classic with ON1 Effects. You control the file types created and the settings to apply. It could be a preset or your own manual adjustments. You can adjust the first photo, and have the same settings applied to all the other photos, or pause on each photo to tweak the settings to your needs.
- Customize Keyboard Shortcuts — The new Shortcuts dialog allows you to view and change what keyboard shortcut, or hotkey, is used for most functions. You can change the key used to access any tool, tool option, module, or menu item. You can even assign shortcuts to menu items that don’t have a shortcut yet. It’s perfect if you live in a locale that doesn’t use the QWERTY keyboard layout.
- Learning Hub — The Learning Hub puts the information you need to be successful right at your fingertips. This floating window lets you access the video library, user guides, support pages, and loyalty rewards from right inside the app.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Fujifilm GFX-100S, Sony Alpha 1, Sigma mp L.
- Other Enhancements and Bug Fixes
What’s New in ON1 Effects 2021.1 — February 17, 2021
- Capture One® Plugin Support — Users of Capture One can now access ON1 Effects from inside of Capture One
- Import Adobe Brush Preset Files — Now you can import brushes in the common Adobe brush preset file format, or .ABR.
- Improved Localized Date and Number Formats
- Slider Control Improvements — Now you can double-click on the slider handle (in addition to the slider label) to reset the slider. You can also click and hold on a slider label to temporarily show the slider at it’s default, usually off.
- New Cameras for RAW Support — Nikon Z 6 II, Nikon Z 7 II, Leica SL2-S
- New Lens Profiles —Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM, Canon RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM, LEICA SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH, NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S, NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR, NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED, Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS, Tamron E 20mm F2.8 F050
- Bug Fixes
Version 2021 (18.104.22.16883) — November 16th, 2020
- Spot Healing Brush — A new modern approach to removing distractions like dust spots, power-lines, and unwanted people from your photos. The Spot Healing Brush is not only faster than current tools, it maintains full non-destructive adjustments for each spot you remove. The Clone Stamp has been modernized to function the same way, giving you flexibility in re-editable retouching.
- Custom Brush Shapes — Brushing has taken a quantum-leap in control and creativity. Now you can choose from a variety of custom brush shapes or even import your own.
- Tons of new brush shapes included. From hard-edged geometries to make it easier to paint straight edges to organic shapes and even textures to simulate snow, add grass, or even enhance eyelashes.
- New brush controls let you paint naturally. We have added Flow, Angle, and Stamping Rate controls. And of course, pressure sensitivity works for custom brushes too.
- Create a preset that stores your brush tip and all the brush properties so you can easily recreate it.
- Full-Screen Preview — With Full-Screen Preview mode you can hide everything except your photo. It’s perfect for hiding the distractions and really seeing your photo. You can turn the preview on and off to judge your progress. You can still paint and use the tools on a larger canvas too, perfect for small-screen laptops.
- Color-Sensitive Gradient Masks — Everyone knows how powerful the gradient mask tool is. You can quickly create straight, reflected, or round radiant masks that are re-editable and blendable with brush masks. Now you can combine the color-sensitive power we created for the Perfect Brush with the gradient masks. When enabled, it detects the color under the gradient and applies the mask to only that adjustable color range. It makes it a breeze to mask areas like skies while maintaining things like buildings or trees that go into the sky.
- User Interface Improvements — We have taken a measured approach to update the user interface. Based on user feedback we have improved common controls like sliders to have more precision and a longer area for labels so we can be more descriptive. We have also made sure that the Edit module tabs don’t scroll out of view on a small display or when you have a large stack of filters.
- Plug-in Support for Affinity Photo and Corel Paint Shop Pro — Now you can extend your workflow in Affinity Photo and Corel Paint Shop Pro by accessing Effects right inside the apps you use.
- Replace Color Filter — Easily change the color of an object to any new color. It’s perfect for tweaking or totally changing the color of eyes, flowers, buildings, and apparel.
- New Cameras and Lenses — Canon EOS Rebel T8i (850D)*, Canon EOS R5*, Canon EOS R6*, Fujifilm X-S10, Leica M10-R, Nikon Z 5, Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, Olympus E-30, Panasonic DC-S5, Panasonic Lumix DC-G100, Sony A7S III, Sony A7c. *Uncompressed raw files only
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM, Canon G5 X Mark II & compatibles, Canon RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM, NIKON Coolpix P1000, Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S, Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S, Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019, Sony FE 35mm F1.8, Tamron 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD, Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (B028), Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
- Other Bug Fixes