Version 2020 (188.8.131.5275) Official Release — October 18th, 2019
ON1 gives you control of your photography and what matters to you – it’s Photography Your Way. ON1 is an open system giving you control over photo organization, storage, editing, creative style, and how you purchase.
Download ON1 Photo RAW 2020 (184.108.40.20675) below:
1. After clicking on the link above, the download will begin automatically and be saved to your "Downloads" Folder. When the download completes, simply double click on the "Photo RAW 2020.dmg" file.
2. Next, double click on the "ON1 Photo RAW 2020.pkg" file to launch the installer:
When the download is complete, simply right click on the "ON1 Photo RAW 2020.exe" file and choose "Run as the Administrator" to launch the installer.
When you launch ON1 Photo RAW 2020 for the first time, you can start editing your photos immediately. If you have purchased ON1 Photo RAW 2020, click on the Sign-In button to activate with your ON1 account credentials.
Clicking the sign-in button will launch the activation window, where you can enter your email address and password:
If you haven't purchased yet, you can use ON1 Photo RAW 2020 as a fully-featured trial for 30 days with no limitations. At the end of your 30-day trial period, you will be able to purchase directly in the app.
What’s New ON1 Photo RAW 2020
- Print module — Whether you need to print contact sheets, a wall portrait or tile multiple photos into package prints, the improved print dialog is up to the task. You can easily print individual photos like before, but now you can also create contact sheets. You can also print multiple photos on one piece of paper to create packages like 2 5x7’s or 4 4x5’s. You can add watermarks and even output to files for sending your prints to the lab.
- Date Pane — Exploring your photos by date has never been easier. The new automatic timeline albums organize your photos by year, month and day. If you are looking for pictures of your daughter’s birthday you can easily zoom right to that date.
- Map View — View where your photos were taken on a map. Explore photo locations and add location metadata to photos that don’t have GPS metadata. You can even search by location address to find photos quickly, without having to add additional metadata.
- Improved Noise Reduction — The new state-of-art noise reduction algorithm can remove noise while maintaining detail, even with today’s ultra high-ISO cameras.
- AI Match — Love how a shot looks on the back of your camera, but feel disappointed it doesn’t look the same when you open it? The AI Match function solves that. Using our AI technology that we pioneered for migrating edits from Adobe Lightroom, we can now match your RAW photos look to what you saw on the back of the camera.
- AI Auto Tone — Everyone loves the one-click auto button in Photo RAW, and we have made it even better. By analyzing thousands of photos the algorithm has learned how to do an even better job, especially on the tough images. It’s like having an expert editor helping you. Now you can even control the amount of auto-tone you want to add.
- Improved Performance — We take performance seriously. With every update we dedicate time to making things faster. This time we focused on two areas, opening raw files into Edit and brushing with lower-end video cards. You will find both are faster and smoother in practice.
- Custom Camera Profiles — Now you can get predictable, natural color results by creating custom profiles for your camera and lights. We have partnered with X-Rite, the leader in color management to make this easy. Simply photograph an X-Rite target with your camera, then import it into ON1 Photo RAW, then send it to the X-Rite Camera Profiler software to build a custom camera profile that works inside of ON1 Photo RAW.
- Color Balance Filter — The powerful new Color Balance filter lets you remove a cross color cast from the shadows or highlights. It can also create unique duotone or tritone tints by adjusting the color and brightness of the highlights, midtones or shadows. Custom color grading couldn’t be easier.
- Weather Filter — With the new Weather filter in Effects, you can add rain, snow and fog to your photos to create realistic atmosphere.
- Channel Mixer Filter — The new Channel Mixer filter in Effects is a multi-purpose powerhouse. Use it for precise black and white conversions, channel swaps for infrared shots or shift entire color ranges like never before.
- Sun Flare Filter — It’s golden hour anytime with the new Sun Flare filter. You can add realistic sun flares, lens flares and bokeh to your afternoon shots. It’s powered by real photographs from renowned photographer and educator Matt Kloskowski.
- Revamped Preset Catalog & Extras — Photographers love the unique presets that come with ON1 Photo RAW. They make the perfect starting point for taking your photos to eleven. We have modernized the included preset catalog with over 100 new presets for today's looks. We have also added over 50 new backgrounds and skies for your masking pleasure.
- SmugMug Integration — Sharing your best work to the best sharing platform is now built right-into ON1 Photo RAW. Select photos and videos, then publish them to any of your SmugMug galleries. You can even create new galleries and control the size of the photos you upload.
- Focus Mask overlay — Now you can view what’s in-focus in our photos easily. The new Focus Mask overlay marks the areas of best focus with green so you can compare similar photos and pick out the sharpest photo quickly.
- Tons of other minor enhancements — Move the before/after splitter, fade presets right from the preset browser, Win install on other drive, UNC paths on Windows, Lossy Canon CR3 support, Visualize brushstrokes with red overlay.
- Language Support — ON1 Photo RAW is now localized into eleven languages, giving many more photographers access to the best darned photo editor out there. It now supports English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and Dutch.
- Added Support for New Cameras — Canon Powershot G7X Mark II, Canon Powershot G5X Mark II, Canon 90D EOS M6 MK 2, Sony A7R IV, Sony RX100, Sony NEX-C3, Leica V-Lux 5, Fuji GFX 100
- Added support for Lens Profiles — Canon EF 22-55mm f/4-5.6 USM, Minolta AF 28-75mm F2.8 (D), Nikon AF Nikkor 300mm f/4 IF-ED, Olympus M.30mm F3.5 Macro, Panasonic LEICA DG 100-400/F4.0-6.3, Panasonic Lumix G Macro 30mm f/2.8, PENTAX DA* 60-250mm F4 [IF] SDM, Samsung SM-G950F, Samsung S8 wide-angle lens, Samyang SAMYANG AF 14mm F2.8, Samyang SAMYANG AF 24mm F2.8, Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN | Contemporary C 017, Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G, Sony 28-75mm F2.8 SAM (SAL2875), Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8, Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4,
What’s Coming in the 2020 Release Cycle
- ON1 Sync (BETA) — ON1 Sync brings what you love about ON1 Photo RAW to all of your computers and mobile devices. It syncs the photos you care about, to the devices you care about. You don’t have to store your photos in the cloud, or on every computer, to view and edit them on all your devices. It can send your photos from one device to another wirelessly, like your phone photos back to your desktop. It even syncs all your albums and presets. ON1 Sync gives you the benefits of the cloud for less and keeps you in control of where your files live.
- Mobile Apps — Great photos are everywhere you look, and inspiration can come anytime. With ON1 Mobile you can capture those photos on your smartphone, in RAW, with the pro-level control you expect from your big camera. Next, you can edit those photos on your smartphone or tablet with the same power as you do in ON1 Photo RAW. Enhance the shadows, remove the distractions, burn down the sky, add a vignette, you name it. Your new RAW photo automatically is sent back to your computer of choice, with all of the non-destructive edits in-place. Your photos can go the other direction as well. You can view, edit and share photos from any of your computers on your mobile devices with ON1 Sync. ON1 Mobile brings all your photos together into the app you already use, ON1 Photo RAW.
- Video app integration (Video playback and editing, time-lapse, stop-motion, slideshows, frame extraction), more…
To submit a problem in ON1 Photo RAW 2020, please click here.
macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14
Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
current maintenance releases, 64 bit only
macOS X 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
current maintenance releases, 64 bit only
Intel Core 2 Duo, Xeon or better processor(s)
Intel Core i5, Xeon or better processors(s)
4GB RAM (8 GB RAM when used as a Photoshop plug-in)
16+ GB RAM
1.5 GB for installation
1.5 GB for installation
Fast 7200 RPM or SSD drives
OpenGL 3.3 compatible video card with 256 MB video RAM, 1280x720 resolution (at 100% scale factor)
OpenGL 4.2 compatible video card with 2GB dedicated video RAM, 1920x1080 resolution
Optional Application Integration
Photoshop CS6 and above, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2017, CC 2018, CC 2019
Photoshop Elements 14 and above
Photoshop Lightroom Classic 6 and above
Photoshop CC 2019
Photoshop Elements 2019
Photoshop Lightroom Classic 6 2019
Internet connection for activation, auto update checking, content downloads and tutorials.
Internet connection for activation, auto update checking, content downloads and tutorials.
Supports pressure-sensitive tablets
Hardware display calibration tool
Customer Reported Issues Fixed
- Fixed bug when moving Versions
- Fixed issue using the Channel Mixer filter
- Minor Print bugs
- Creating .onphoto from RAW file has more color noise than the original
- Lots of Brushing gets slow
- Incorrect Selection When Rejecting a Multi-select in a Filtered View
- Deselecting images in FSV in Edit then returning to Browse reselects images
- Applying Resize preset then resetting crop triggers error tone when selecting another preset w/ no changes applied
- Deleting on dual display (thumbnail view) causes view to jump to top of browse location
- No non-ON1 camera profiles appearing for Pentax K-70 (tier 1)
- Turning off GPU compatibility is not sticky with re-start
- Cataloging doesn't complete with attached .PSD
- White lines appearing between LA/Filter masks when Perfect Brush is used
- Brush strokes on layered files go missing after upgrading
- Dynamic Contrast doesn't export correctly if Small slider is set to -100
- Not recognizing known Nikon lens (AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR)
- Crashing attempting to export attached file - huge RAM usage
- Grid view thumbnails don't rotate reliably/accurately
- Focus Stacking not creating a file
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens correction causing black corners on .DNG/.CR3 files
- Crash Cataloging
- Soft Proofing profiles are duplicated on Windows
- Saturation slider adds black noise/static on non-raw images (Nvidia hardware only)
- Times always appear in 12 hour format, ignoring system setting
- Not detecting known Nikon lens on Nikon Z6 w/ FTZ adapter
- Crash rotating new canvas in Edit FSV
- Lens correction on EOS M50 .DNG file applies opposite correction
- Error 1005 attempting to open .PSD in Resize
- System error noise when applying Crop
- Photo Size (export) settings are not sticky
- Align layers fails to align attached images
- Not recognizing pressure input from Huion 1060 Plus
- Unable to import/export print profiles in Export pane
- Attached .JPG causes program to crash
- Capture date ending in 00 seconds gets misread by Finder after export
- Freeze switching between Fast and Accurate
- Nikon D3-S (Tier 1) images are technicolor
- Purple highlights on Canon 80D
- Wacom Issues after 2019.5 update
- Error message for disconnected cataloged folder is misleading/confusing
- .onphoto is not usable after returning to Browse
- Unable to copy/paste vibrance slider setting on .jpeg if it's the only adjustment made
- Showing incorrect dimensions on .ORF in Browse
- Embedding metadata triggers file system error makes image unusable
- D700 file still not rendering correctly
- Sony NEX-C3 opening as Tier 2, listed as Tier 1
- Incorrectly recognizing known lens on Panasonic DMC-LX5
- Not detecting correct lens on Panasonic FZ10002
- Not detecting focus distance on Z6 .NEF files
- .TIF from Canon 1DS (tier 1) is treated as .tiff not raw
- Not reading EXIF data for Huawei P20 Pro .jpgs
- Canon EOS 1D-X .CR2 files opening with LibRaw
- No non-ON1 camera profiles for Pentax K3
- Text in Messages (sharing menu) is hard to see in Mojave dark mode
- Share to Mail fails on the first try
List of Known Issues
- Crash on Import if (newer) iPhone is locked
- Crash while using Resize concurrently
- Resize standalone needs updated Help center
- PSD prints a blank page when printing from browse
- Effects standalone crashes when attempting to open up a file
- windows 600 series open a black image into resize
- Album is not appearing when adding your first one
- The windows remove on1 files vbs no longer removes everything
- Add tier 1 support for Panasonic DC-FZ1000 II (DC-FZ100M2)
- Printer profiles are not showing up (Catalina)
- Deleting a cataloged folder does not remove it from the Cataloged Folders list until restart
- Text tool retains previously entered text on a new image.
- No thumbnails show up for photos on iPhone with iOS 13
- Sometimes clone stamp stops working
- Poor color fringe removal on Sony .ARW files compared to LR
- Unable to save Pano when source files are stored on a networked drive (UNC path - Windows)
- Reveal in Folders doesn't work on Catalina
- Fit view shows magenta around blown out areas in Browse
- Excessive purple fringing appearing in Nav window on .CR3 files (EOS M50)
- German special/accented characters show as "A" after exporting an extra from Manage Extras
- New stamped layer with masking shifts from the source files
- Performance degrades moving program between monitors
- On a dual monitor the pop up info dialog can show up on the 2nd monitor
- Poor Local Adjustment brushing performance when Portrait adjustments are present/enabled
- Installer does not overwrite/detect custom location
- Difficult to rearrange local adjustment and effects layers
- Unable to select Layer after deleting a Filter
- DV and FS are really slow to change with this dataset
- Breadcrumb bar doesn't work when browsing a network share
- Images with new 2020 filters applied cannot be opened/used in 2019
- Export panes showing incorrect colorspace on preview
- Layered files are flattened when exported when photo size is adjusted
- Move Tool scaling not working as expected
- Crop is getting ignored when adding the cropped photo as a layer
- Clicking 'Layers' in Browse using cropped or rotated photos can create bad layers
- Layered photo sometimes shows checker board on near borders in NDE
- Incorrect error appears for Date albums after restarting app
- Black clipping display stops working when custom camera profile is used
- Preview splitter position adjusts to the far edge when zooming out and if moved from center
- Clone stamp tool does not need to have a new sample point taken when switching images
- Applying incorrect lens correction profile to Fuji GF23mm F4 R LM WR lens
- The show/hide tip does not always show up when you mouse over a pane
- Preset browser is not updating with LA masking
- Tethered shooting settings dialog is not fully localized
- Lens profile for Sony 50mm f/1.4 (SAL50F14) adds overly white vignette
- Scaling at 125, 150 & 175 shows lines in Filters dialog
- Remove All script doesn't remove Photo RAW 2020 desktop shortcut
- Lens correction for FZ1000 & compatibles not applying automatically
- The Sharpening pane needs to be localized
- The tooltip for cloud storage, if not setup needs to be localized
- Navigator gets cut off when switching images from dual display
- Creating a copy during migration does not work
- Not recognizing known Sigma lens (150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS APO HSM)
- Alt+Tab while masking switches brush modes
- Deleting multiple images in Edit w/ FSV causes return to Browse
- In the Import dialog the string Adjustment type is not localized
- Sometimes selection in LUT dropdown shows incorrect LUT selected
- Remove option does not remove 2019
- Not detecting known Nikon lens on Nikon D3400
- Export presets can disappear on sub-4k displays
- Unable to arrow through images in compare view when only 1 image is selected unless mouse is hovered over the filmstrip
- Sony A7RIII files appear over saturated in Photo RAW vs. other applications
- app gets in a hung state if you launch Focus stacking prior to "edit"
- Keyboard shortcut 'D' produces system 'boink' sound opening from GV to Edit
- Unable to Import from SD card on Samsung S9
- Browse/Edit button text is cut off in Film Strip and Compare view with certain windows resolution scaling
- Preset browser pane darkens incorrectly when QVB is used on collapsed category
- Leica files have over blown exposure settings when migrated from Lightroom
- Wacom tablet does not work correctly with Windows Ink on
- Dual mode does not remember the number of columns in grid view
- Incorrect lens correction profile applied to .NEF (AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR)
- Printer Setup Settings are not sticky
- Preview doesn't return to normal after mousing over layer blending modes
- Default print area should be fit
- Switching between list and thumbnail view in the cob and using the preset browser causes thumbs to show up
- Check bubbles are cut off for Pressure Adjusts and Perfect Brush settings with Windows scaling set to "250% recommended" on 4k a display
- Not finding a lens for the sony RX100M6
- Missing Lens Profile on Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4
- Dutch translation fixes
- Spanish - The corrected date field does not appear to have a correct format
- In the Tethered shooting configuration window the Time adjustment still says Adjustment Type
- Preset Browser is inconsistent in honoring photo transparency
- We are only half identifying the lens from the attached file
- Folders pane not updated sometimes without a mouse move
- Incorrectly sorting newly added folders in Browse on Mac
- Import dialog can be off screen on secondary display if main display is disconnected
- Incorrectly recognizing known Nikon lens (AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G)
- Reading incorrect dimensions on Panasonic DMC-LX5 .RW2 files
- Tamron 100-400mm lens not appearing in Filter options
- Lens correction: Tamron 24-70 detected as a Sigma 24-70.
- Recognizing Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art as Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM
- Albums pane rolled up/rolled down state isn't sticky
- Not recognizing known lens on Canon EOS 80D (Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XF Di LD Aspherical [IF] Macro)
- Compare view can have more than 15 images in secondary display window
- Not recognizing known lens on Sony a6400 (E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS)
- A plugin is use dialog comes up during migration the first time you launch the application
- Incorrect lens profile applied to Panasonic DC-TZ200 images
- dual display grid view is cutting cut off on the top
- Not reading aperture value for Leica M Type 240 (Tier 1)
- No file selected if you delete a multi select in Browse
- Reset All doesn't work if video file is part of the selection in Browse
- Long filter lists don't scroll when dragging.
- The first time a map is viewed, the preview area flashes white
- Error "A source needs to be chosen" when you export from Resize when launched from Lr
- Lens correction on Pentax K-1 .DNG file applies opposite correction
- Deleting filtered photo in GV scrolls to the top of the view
- Adding a gallery wrap preset when launching from PS is not adding the wrap
- Setting GPS location via map view doesn't always place the marker where you clicked
- Auto opacity slider value lit up when not selected/usable
- Incorrectly recognizing known lens on Panasonic DMC-G85
- Reading incorrect colorspace on Z6 compressed .NEF files
- Not recognizing known lens (1 Nikkor VR 30-110m f/3.8-5.6)
- "Document failed to load" error launching PR plugin from Photos if image has been previously edited by another plugin
- Weather filter crashes
- Thumbnails don't load in Import if the image has had any settings applied to it
- Can't type in a value for leveling tool
- Remove All script doesn't work if program is installed on another drive
- Windows preset icons may not show as the new one
- Apple Photos not showing in plugin installation screen - Catalina
- Pressure Adjusts Size option is not sticky for AI Quick Mask
- Nav view outline gets set incorrectly after closing/reopening the right pane in Edit
- Zooming in on .HEIC file while it's still loading causes stuck preview (older hardware)
- Old presets with multiple text blocks does not allow you to edit
- Crop not behaving correctly on Pano images
- Pano fails to merge all images on lower end Intel hardware
- Not maintaining panorama tag after export (phone pano)
- Sometimes the edges of text are truncated if the bounding box is close to the text
- Text alignment options are not sticky
- Text appears to shift and shrink when zoomed in compare view
- Browse shows the wrong dimensions for dng files that came with variable sized raw files
- Selecting a keyword from the add keyword dropdown list does not leave the field active like it does when manually typing one
- Tiling is exporting the wrong color on files with NDE settings
- Not recognizing known Canon lens (EF 300mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4x)
- Brushing performance tanks when Windows Ink is enabled (Huion)
- Poor handling of Nikon Z7 raw files compared to other apps
- No non-ON1 camera profiles for Canon PowerShot SX70-HS
- No non-ON1 camera profiles for Canon EOS RP
- Lens correction getting ignored in HDR on fixed lens cameras
- Watermark Size slider should be 1-100(export pane)
- Export Watermark Inset value should be 0-25
- Export watermark gets stretched when you change to a preset
- Scaling at 125, 150 & 175 makes view icons appear cut off at bottom
- new onphotos are showing up before folders in browse
- Text preset position incorrect when applied to cropped image
- The navigator can sometimes not draw when launching from Photoshop
- Resetting Export Pane while exporting another photo in the background sometimes crashes app
- Keystone tool compresses and stretches photos horizontally depending on the angles.
- Preset category list doesn't remember scroll position during a session.
- Export fails when watermark size is set to 0
- Focus not shifting back to image after copy/pasting keywords
- The medium preview size might not make the correct number of files (not enough)
- No thumbnails for .onphoto files in Import