Importing Textures & Backgrounds
Texture packs can be downloaded in different formats and this can sometimes confuse how to properly install and import them.
If the Texture pack you have downloaded is in the .ONPRESET format, view this knowledge base article for how to install Presets: Presets - How to Install ON1 Presets
If the Texture pack you have downloaded is just a folder containing JPG files, you'll want to use the Extras Manager to install and import the Texture files.
1. Goto the File>Manage Extras menu
2. Click on the Textures tab, then click Import
3. You'll then want to navigate to where the texture files are located. These are typically found in your Downloads folder, after downloading.
4. You'll want to navigate into the folder containing the Texture files and select all the JPG files in the folder as indicated above and then click Open.
5. You'll then be prompted to Choose and Add a Category name to Import the Texture files into.
After doing so, click OK.
6. You should then see a process dialogue, indicating the files are being Imported, followed by a confirmation window.
7. After your texture files have been imported, you can click the Close button.
8. After using the Extras Manager to install your Texture files you'll find your new textures in two places within our app.
Open an image into Effects, then add the Textures Filter.
Click on the Category pulldown and scroll to the bottom. This is where user-installed textures will be located.
Or you can add your textures as a layer in the Layers pane from the Extras menu.
Open an image into the Edit modules, then click the + button in the Layers pane, the click Add Layer in the dialogue pop-up.
You'll then want to click on the Extras tab and go to My Extras
Navigate to your Textures category and double click to open and show your newly installed textures.
Select your texture file, then click Add as Layer button.
This will then add your texture to as a layer to your Layer stack.
For more information on working with Textures, check out some of our tutorials in our Video Library.